Monster Homebrew Competition
November 14, 2015
- What kinds of bottles are accepted? Every bottle must be 12 ounces in volume and be free of paper labels. Obscure any lettering or graphics on the cap with a permanent black marker. Swing-top bottles (Grolsch style) are not accepted. Corked bottles are acceptable; however, you must crimp a crown cap over the cork.
- How many bottles do I need? Send three 12 ounce bottles for each beer entry in this competition. Enter as many beers as you’d like.
- What are the entry fees? Entry fees are $8.00 per entry. (Cash, Check and PayPal)
- When are the entry deadlines? All entries must be received between November 1 and November 10, 2015.
- How do I enter?
- Complete an Application
- Drop off your entries, with completed application for each beer entered at The Dig Pub during posted business hours.
- Mail entries to the following address:
The Dig Pub, 401 Cypress Creek Rd. Suite #600, Cedar Park, TX 78613
DO NOT SHIP ENTRIES VIA UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE (USPS)
- Attach entry labels to each bottle using a rubber band; do not attach using glue or tape.
- What style beer is accepted? Accepted styles include any BJCP category or subcategory beer whose starting gravity is 1.0666 or higher. Meads are not accepted
- Which category do I enter? Enter your brew into the category (and subcategory) you feel it will perform best. Judges will not see your entry form, nor will they reclassify your entry. The Monster Homebrew Competition uses the BJCP 2008 style guidelines for judging beer. A downloadable PDF is available at www.bjcp.org.
- Contest Categories - You will submit your beers to be judged in one of three contest categories
- Malt Monster
- Hop Monster
- Other Worldly (that special beer that doesn’t quite fit into one of the other two categories i.e. Sours)
- Judging - Judging will take place at an off site location between November 11th and at The Dig Pub Saturday November 14th. The judging panel will be comprised of BJCP Certified Judges, and some members of the Texas Carboys Homebrew Club.
- Awards - Awards will be given for third place, second place, and first place for each category (Malt Monster, Hop Monster, and Other Worldly). A Best in Show will be awarded.